This webinar will broadcast on October 7, 2021 at: 9:00 AM CDT (Chicago) / 3:00 PM BST (London) / 10:00 PM CST (Beijing).
Dive deeper into the current market trends and challenges that are affecting the supply chain, primarily quality protein for pet food. This webinar will focus on the current obstacles of the era with a look towards future meat, rendering industries, as well as alternative proteins additives. Expand your knowledge on the future of pet food, potential fits, and limitations to come. Featured speakers include Dr. Greg Aldrich, president of Pet Food & Ingredient Technology Inc., and David Meeker, Senior Vice President of Scientific Services, North American Renderers Association and Director of Research, Fats, and Proteins Research Foundation.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
1. Learn how the food animal feed production spurred by population growth, increased the availability of by-products.
2. Learn how population growth, also increased levels of protein in pet foods.
3. Review of sources of meat-based pet food ingredients and trends impacting their availability.
4. Maximum levels of ash, calcium, and phosphorus have compounded the complexities in pet food formulas.
5. New approaches for protein recovery, and acceptance of alternate protein sources – why they will be necessary to sustain pet food into the next generation.
6. Alternative proteins to expand the supply base may include such things as novel vegetable protein concentrates, insect protein meals, algal source proteins, and fermentation-derived yeast proteins.
This webinar is sponsored by APC and presented by Petfood Industry and WATT Global Media.